Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog!
My name is Lem Manalo, a fourth-year visual communication design student at San Francisco State University. I am concentrating my time and energy on becoming a full-time Graphic Designer that focuses on building assets that help create or maintain a business' identity. In particular, I am striving to design for companies within the streetwear industry. In addition, I am currently dancing and designing for professional dance team, The Company.
I am especially captivated by artists and brands that showcase unique and genuine work.
My influences include:
- The Company Urban Dance, LLC
- Aaron Kai
- Takashi Murakami
- Kaws
- Rhuigi Villasenor
- Benny Gold
- Bobby Hundreds
- Carhartt Work In Progress
- Stussy
- Nike
- Kuya George
- Hip Hop/ R&B music artists
- Anime
- Food Culture
- Kobe Bryant
Favorite Inspirational Quote:
"We do what we love, with others, for others, & that perhaps makes us, successful."
- The Company Urban Dance, LLC
Hopes/Vision:
Within my life, I gravitate towards the idea of becoming a multidisciplined artist that plays a significant role within the streetwear industry. I would love to be a designer that has their hand in many things from print design, social media management, to even apparel design. Ultimately, all I really want to achieve in my career is to have my creations live on a plethora of platforms while helping any business or any other entity it is attached to.
Three Words:
Three keywords that accurately describe me are Passionate, Positive, & Open.



Hey Lem! I find that this blog definitely described who you are and what you are truly passionate about: brand identity and its necessity!
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate to your list of influences! I think its amazing tying your passion for graphic design with your dance team. I can tell you are passionate about helping them find their brand identity so more people are aware! Awesome blog it was cool meeting you.
ReplyDeleteHey Lem, loved reading your blog post. I love your enthusiasm toward branding and the quote you shared was very inspiring.
ReplyDeleteFirst, your blog is clean Lem. Second I will have to look at some of the dance companies you listed a friend recently showed me Les Twins the dance duo and now into watching dancing like I never knew I would. Thanks for listing your inspo
ReplyDeleteHey Lem! I am so excited to be in the same class with you again! I love your works you did for you dance team. They are really cool. your blog is so clean I love it! wish to see more of your works related to dancing!!
ReplyDeleteHey man! I think it's really nice that you got a very clear vision of what you want to become, and the connection between design and dance is pretty unique. I'm excited to see your work :)
ReplyDelete